Here is the newest addition to my little buddies, Gus.

So Jason and Tauna just found out that they are having a baby boy. They are super excited about it. As am I, as I am already obsessed with my three other little munchkins. I love being an Aunt.
Since he is going to be the newest Goose-toff-a-son I am going to call him Gus. While I am very excited for this little guy to join the family I can't help but feel a little sorry for him and for Tauna. They are going to be stuck with the last name Gustavson for the rest of their lives. Not that I want to disgrace my family by any means. I love them to pieces but the last name... really? They are going to spend the rest of their lives teaching people how to say it right... just so people will miss pronounce it again. In all reality its not that hard of a name to say but I will tell ya people struggle with it. And on top of that, have you ever tried writing a cursive v to an s? Its not pretty. There is just no way to make it look nice. Needless to say, that is one of the top 10 benefits that I see of getting married- new last name. Unless of course your are going to something like van de Boogaard. In that case you just are grateful that your husband is an amazing guy so its worth it.
All jokes aside. (The last name really isn't THAT bad) I am really excited for the new addition. Poor Livi is not going to have any girl cousins to play with. But the boys are all going to have so much fun together! Gus- we are excited for you to join the family!
4 comments:
When you started talking about how bad Gustavson is as a last name I was thinking-- I'll have to comment and tell her it could be worse. But then you did that for me! :) I laughed out loud when I read that. Also, I know my baby will be Livi's second cousin or whatever but at least it's another girl!
I love the blogs. You are such a great Aunt. Saxon has the biggest smile ever when he sees his Auntie April. I also love the pictures of our birthday and your camping trip. So fun! I am sad i couldn't be there for you but you looked like you survived without me!
Sorry that comment was from me (amber) not tad. I didn't realize that I was signed in as Tad
Yah! I love babies!!! And seriously, your last name is not that bad. I've actually never even thought twice about it.
Post a Comment