I have always had a deep love and fascination with Boston ever since Joey from Dawson's creek went to college there. I love the buildings, the history, the river, and just the pristigious yet un pretentious feeling that abides there.
Unfortunately, my camera was dead from all the traveling and so the first day there I was unable to take any pictures. But simple put... we ate our way through bean town. I may have come home 5 pound heavier but it was worth it.
Sunday (the actual day of the wedding) we started the day off by attending the singles ward there in cambridge. There Chapel had caught on fire about a year ago and so they have been attending church across the street at an Episcopal Church. It was pretty awesome to attend fast and testimony meeting with a huge cross and stained glass behind each of the speakers.

l
After church we headed to the subway that we took in order to get to the bus that was going to take us to Plymouth where the wedding was being held. On our way to the subway we came across a May Day street fair. My favorite part was this display of chalk art. 
I was amazed at what someone can do with chalk!!



After running through the city in 80+ degree weather and grabbing a couple of delicious crepes. We finally made it to the bus that was taking the wedding guest out to the wedding site.
l
I was amazed at what someone can do with chalk!!
After running through the city in 80+ degree weather and grabbing a couple of delicious crepes. We finally made it to the bus that was taking the wedding guest out to the wedding site.
Here are some pictures from the wedding by the photographer. Which BTW I thought did a fabulous job... and I'm not just saying that. I don't even know the guy. For more pictures of the beautiful bride and groom check out his website.
The Bride and Groom couldn't be more in love and I am so happy for them.Congratulations Laura and Ray!
So after the ceremony we had about an hour to kill before the reception began so ME and I began to explore a bit. Upon exploring we realized that we were supper close to the Atlantic Ocean. Seeing that I had just come from the middle of the pacific I felt a moral obligation to try to find a way to get to the shore line. We tromped around a bit and right when we were about to give up we noticed that our bus driver was just sitting in the bus by himself. So... after a little small talk we simply asked if he wouldn't mind taking us to the ocean and to see the ever-so-famous plymouth rock.
To our delight he agreed.
Once at Plymouth rock we found that there was also a replica of the Mayflower. Miss ME"I have a masters degree in American History" Clayton was experiencing historical euphoria.
(anyone that ran Ragnar with me would understand... imagine 12 super hot guys running in nothing but feathers, face paint, and loin clothes... now you know what I am talking about.)
After our pilgrimage to the Mayflower we headed back to the reception where we cut a rug with a handful of Newport Beach's finest firefighters.




3 comments:
Can I tell you how mad I am at you that you were in Boston and I didn't know? We live right there! Boo April. Next time. I'm glad you enjoyed my home.
holy jet setter! love it...and am jealous of it. i heart boston. and jet setting. and you.
I just found this post!!! I love it! I didn't know you went downtown to see the Rock!!! Now do you understand a bit more why I always missed it there so much? Thank you SO much for coming out, ol' roomie! It meant so much to have you there!
Post a Comment